Saturday, May 19, 2007

Garlen's backstory

Q1) Where did I grow up?
A1) In the forest outside the village of Hesith. We were part of a small
druidic tribe.

Q2) What was my family like?
A2) Grela, my mom, was an accomplished Druid who focused on healing. Bekal,
my dad, hunted game and tended the groves. My big sister Niki got all the
attention because she was a talented spellcaster, and my baby sister Joslan
sucked up the remaining attention because she was just so darn cute. There
were assorted relatives in the area. Most everyone was nice. I was quiet
and mostly stayed out of the way.

Q3) What did I do as a child, and how was I trained/educated?
A3) I spent most of my time exploring and avoiding people. I sometimes came
along with dad and the other guys when the goblins and orcs and especially
the smelly ugly goblins in the area started making trouble. My twitchy
fingers made it hard for me to shoot cleanly with a bow, so I decided to
just rush into battle with a sword and hit them before they hit me. I also
learned a lot about plants and animals, and a little bit about other stuff,
in school.

Q4) What do I consider important or motivational?
A4) I revere the woodlands (and the goddess Ehlonna, who protects them) and
I hate those who threaten them. I'm really loyal, and I'll never turn my
back on my friends even if it means putting myself in danger.

Q5) What do I look like, dress like, and act like?
A5) I have deep green eyes and curly brown hair. For a halfling, I'm tall
and skinny. I like green and gray clothes, and I replaced my green cloak
with a magical black cloak we found in the kopru ruins. I'm jumpy and I
fidget a lot, and I tend to get real quiet sometimes, but when I get mad (at
goblins or people who were mean to my friends) I can be pretty loud.

Q6) How'd I get to Cauldron?
A6) Before my grandpa died, he wanted to see his homeland, so I came with
him to the area. After he died, I wandered a bit, until I ran into Rain and
Amber. They helped me fight some goblins.

No comments: